Saturday, December 04, 2004

Miscellanea 12/04/2004

Robert Novak reports that Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison has definitely decided to run for governor in 2006. That's o.k. by me, I like her and would most likely support her. I hope Novak's sources are wrong, however, about State Comptroller Carole Strayhorn running for lieutenant governor. To me, she has shamelessly turned every problem in Texas (and we've got plenty) into a photo-op to criticize current governor Rick Perry. That kind of grandstanding turns me off...

John Leo has an entertaining look at some recent over-the-top rhetoric (hat tip for this and the above to Townhall.com)...

A simply grand article on the beginnings of 'Fisking' by David Pryce-Jones (you've got to register first, but it's free) (hat tip to bebere)...

Everyone's all abuzz about this article by Peter Beinart in the New Republic that finally shows some sensible advice for Democrats (TNR has always struck me as the most reasonable of the lefty sites)...

No comments: