Saturday, February 26, 2005

Ted Rall Update: The Challenge Has Been Met, Says Rall

Ted Rall has admitted that he has begun to get real examples of disgusting liberal hate speech, and cites my earlier post as one of the entries that has met the challenge (though he misspells my name - oh, well).

My earlier prediction (and I said it's a slam dunk, Mr. President - can you spot the irony?) has turned out to be wrong; since Rall has been gracious enough to acknowledge that I did, in fact, meet his challenge, I am sending him a gracious email acknowledging my appreciation.

There is a point to all this silliness: hate speech on both sides is out there, but (even though I *still* maintain it's far more prevalent on the left) it's up to those of us who wish to be reasonable to condemn those, even those on our side, who engage in verbal and physical intimidation.

So, unlikely as it may seem, I salute you, Mr. Rall, for surprising me this time.

UPDATE 05:15 p.m. - As I read this again, it sounds a bit 'braggy'; it wasn't me that met the challenge, I just happened to get mentioned; it was, of course, the blogging community (as Rall said, he's received hundreds of responses). So, hey, thanks again to all who link here and to those who read my little chicken-scratching..I'm having fun, and I hope you are, too.

No comments: