Saturday, January 01, 2005

Miscellanea - Special Bowl Game Edition

My first college was the University of Texas, though I graduated from Texas Tech, and I still live in Austin, so I think it's great the Longhorns are in the Rose Bowl, a BCS game. Beat those Wolverines, Bevo! I'm not a fan of the Bowl Championship Series, though, and I also don't want to return to the old system - what I'd like to see is some sort of playoff. Roscoe has some thoughts along these lines, though he totally missed the boat with his detection of Big 12 bias with the exclusion of Number 4 Cal from the BCS. In fairness to Roscoe, he wrote the post prior to Cal's convincing defeat by my Red Raiders...

Little Miss Attila has an innovative suggestion to improve female viewership of football, but the initial reaction is less than enthusiastic...

David at Infinite Monkeys finally gets around to watching 'Fahrenheit 9/11'. His conclusion - Michael Moore is a patronizing propagandist who deliberately lies (and it's boring, to boot!)...

Oliver Stone continues to blame
the demise of his turkey 'Alexander' on the homophobia of the Bible Belt. Most disinterested reviewers from coast to coast had a simpler explanation - it was a really, really bad movie. It shares that distinction with every Oliver Stone movie since JFK...

No comments: