Sunday, December 05, 2004

Maureen Dowd - A Weekly Jackass Preview

One thing that has become abundantly clear to me is I'm going to have no problem finding Weekly Jackasses to mock. The New York Times alone will keep me busy for a month.

Thanks to the miracle of digital video recorders, I was watching the November 21st This Week with George Stephanopoulos (who's really pretty good, mostly). The panelists were Walter Isaacson, George Will (his regular gig), Bob Woodward, and Maureen Dowd. Maureen Dowd????!!!!! Quick, name the last time she wrote a column on ANYTHING other than snarky (and I'm thinking definition 4 here) comments about the Bush administration....

I'm not gonna say too much about Dowd at this time, but here is just a taste of her scintilating observations (in response to George S.'s observation about the irony that Powell was beating the war drum on Iran without iron-clad proof after being such a stickler for good intelligence on Iraq):
I know...it's bizarre, isn't it?
Now that's the kind of insight that earns her the big bucks...Wow!!!....

No comments: