Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Miscellanea - Ayn Rand Edition

So you've devoured Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, We the Living, and even The Romantic Manifesto, and you don't know where to get your Ayn Rand fix? Don't worry, I'm here to help...

Actually, a Google search for Ayn Rand results in 428,000 hits, so let's narrow it down just a tad. What follows is just a sampling of the feast that awaits you:
That should keep you busy for a while. What's my take on Rand? Atlas Shrugged was a revelation to me when I first read it in college. I suspect literally millions of others have felt the same. I find the whole Objectivist subculture a little creepy, though, and I think Rand, not unlike good ol' Christopher Hitchens, proclaims her atheism to the point of making a fetish of it. Still, for the inspiration that she brings to so many (and for influencing Alan Greenspan), I salute her.

"A is A" is a brilliant statement. How can you reconcile that with faith? Ah, that's a matter for another post...

No comments: