Thursday, April 14, 2005

An Early Birthday Present

One day before my birthday, I've passed the 50,000 visitor mark for my first major milestone. I started this blog on November 21st, 2004, so it's been a little less than five months. I'm pretty happy with that, and I'd like to take a moment to thank a few people (the producers tell me that they'll cue the orchestra if I go on too long, so I'll make it quick and painless).

My first visitors, of course, were friends and family, so thanks, you guys (I'm quite pleased to say my mom is a regular visitor). Two of my earliest supporters were Nettie and bebere, and I'm glad they've stuck with me. Other regulars or semi-regulars who are bloggers are greatly appreciated, too, such as Carpe Bonum, Clint, Miriam, Fargus, Punditish, the Sheep's Crib, Knemon, The Therapist, Pam Meister, The Bernoulli Effect, Suzanne Wood, Mike Huckabee President 2008, Corposant, killrighty, RyanVOX, Mover Mike, Presidential Primaries 2008, and Nixon1971.

Then there are the established veterans who have been kind enough to throw me links from time to time or blogroll me, including the brilliant Lubos Motl, The Young Conservative, The Hobbesian Conservative, Professor Bainbridge, Viking Pundit, Commonwealth Conservative, Erick Erickson, the esteemed Dr. Shackleford, Ed Driscoll, and Betsy Newmark. Finally, a big chunk of that 50,000 comes from just about a couple of dozen links from the big dogs on the block: The Instapundit, PoliPundit, Captain Ed, Little Green Footballs, Arthur Chrenkoff, Tim Blair, TKS, and Michelle Malkin.

The problem with doing one of these things is you always leave someone out, so drop me a line in the comments if I did so with you (it wasn't intentional, I promise!)...thanks for the visits, and I'll try to keep things fresh, fun, and interesting...speaking of, later today or this evening I'll have the Weekly Jackass, so stay tuned!...

No comments: