Friday, February 04, 2005

Miscellanea - Did You Say the Washington Post? Edition

We all like to have a bit of fun at our opponents' expense, or report on the latest liberal outrage, but I've tried (most of the time) to avoid painting an unfair picture here. In that spirit, I think we have to acknowledge when the liberal MSM goes out on a limb and challenges expectations. Such is the case today, as, shockingly, the Washington Post takes the Democratic Party to the woodshed for their inertia on the issue of Social Security (hat tip to Power Line)...

That doesn't mean there's not plenty to be outraged about. I've avoided mentioning Ward Churchill and his slander of the 3,000 9/11 victims as 'little Eichmanns" (let's see, earning a living = Nazi; sorry, I'm not seeing it) up to now, because I couldn't think of a response to the bastard that didn't get me all upset, but here's Professor Bainbridge's take (shared by the Instapundit, Volokh, and many others) - Churchill is an idiot, but an idiot protected by the First Amendment...

Another scandalous Nazi comparison from a former Weekly Jackass. Man, this crap sure gets old...

The Daily Kos is celebrating the impending selection of Howard Dean as DNC Chairman - for once we agree on something - as someone who wants to see the Dems lose for the rest of my lifetime, I couldn't ask for a nicer present...

These 'progressives' have me depressed. Time for some Political Therapy...

No comments: