Thursday, March 10, 2005

Whither Gore? Whether Kerry? What The...?

Punditish, whose site I greatly enjoy despite his mocking of me, has had some interesting posts of late regarding 2008. One he was kind enough to email me on, and I must say, I'm not sure what to make of it. Chris Matthews said Gore was definitely out this week, on what he called very good authority, but I've seen neither hide nor hair of confirmation. The headline from Punditish suggests it's a no-brainer, but I think there is a very real possibility that he can't stand to stay out. Still, Matthews may know something we don't, and I haven't revisited Gore's odds in a while. I'm punching him down.

CURRENT ODDS: 13-1

The Kerry rumours have been running in the opposite direction. Kerry is seriously considering a run, and that doesn't surprise me a bit. Given his incredible arrogance, the 2004 loss must haunt him. However, I agree with the analysis of Punditish that Kerry has little or no chance. There is also the unique effect of Kerry upon the electorate - the more he is seen and heard, the worse he does. Therefore, in light of this new information - you guessed it - I'm knocking him down further, too.

CURRENT ODDS: 19-1

No comments: