Friday, December 03, 2004

More Randomness

The SCARIEST PERSON ALIVE...

Rumsfield is staying...I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have the utmost respect for his intellect and abilities, and needless to say, his poetry. However, even as a staunch Iraq War supporter, I must say I think he bears a good share of the blame for the initially chaotic post-major combat period (although I don't agree that he is blame for Abu Ghraib). I also think the buck stops short of Bush, as a President has to have an expectation that his subordinates will handle the details - the job's just too big otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm an optimist on Iraq - the elections will happen and the lot of the Iraqi people will improve (in other words, we will 'win' the post-war, it's just too important not to), but conditions shouldn't have become so disorganized in the first place (hat tip to the Jawa Report)...

Another astonishingly poor Clinton pardon decision leads to a terrorist in academia (via RealClearPolitics)...

No comments: