This can only be good news; even if the meme were false, and I don't believe that is the case, some memes can become self-fulfilling. To see the broad reach of this latest outbreak, I suggest the following:
- the great Christopher Hitchens on a vanquished cliche, the 'Arab street';
- Mark Steyn on the collapse of the Arab's Berlin Wall;
- the New York Times on the Mideast's climate change;
- Jackson Diehl on a Mideast makeover; and
- Thomas Friedman on the tipping point (surely just another way of saying that this meme is raging through the world).
Of course, we'll have much, much more on this in the days ahead (hat tip to RealClearPolitics for many of the above links, and the Instapundit has more)...