Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Senator Robert Byrd: An Open Letter

The Anti-Defamation League has this one right (hat tip to the Instapundit)...you expect to hear comparisons between Bush and Hitler on the Radical Left, from the Kossacks and the Deaniacs, but on the floor on the U.S. Senate?...Here is a link to send Senator Byrd an e-mail (be tasteful, now!), if you're so inclined. I'm sending mine now, and it will read as follows (if I receive a reply, I'll post it).

Senator Byrd,

I am not a constituent of yours, nor am I part of one of those ridiculous mass e-mail campaigns. I am very concerned, however, that you would cheapen the memory of those who died at the hands of the vile Nazi regime by throwing out a glib comparison with the tactics of today's Republican Party. I think an apology to the Republican leadership is the least you can do at this point. I'm sure you understand that more is expected from our esteemed Senators than from radical elements who throw around the words 'Nazi' and 'fascist' with such reckless abandon; you know better. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Mark Coffey

No comments: