Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Miscellanea: The Five Cent Brain At Work

Ryan James shares my deep admiration for Tim Robbins and his contribution to the blogosphere...

Kicking Over My Traces adds to the Kerry Clock fun (but my name's Mark, not Mike - oh, well, I've been called worse - today)...

Just why is it that poor little ol' John K. stirs up such skepticism, anyway? Count Beth among the doubters...

Kevin Drum has some thoughts on the housing bubble. I think it's already bursting just a wee bit in my neighborhood...several houses in the surrounding blocks have been for sale for a good while now; quite unusual for Austin...

I predict that as long as you may have lived, you've never had the opportunity to use 'terrorism' and 'Steely Dan' in the same sentence...until now...

bebere has been snapping photos like mad - my beagle is particularly fond of this one...

I hadn't been by our good friend Fargus's site in a few days, so I went...and I missed another excellent post (I'm not just saying that because he had kind words for yours truly). Fargus is troubled by the echo chamber aspect of the blogosphere, and he's right to be. Blogger triumphalism gets old quick, and I've been guilty of it myself, many times. I recommend you read his post, and I bet you'll join me in hoping that he'll continue to add to the debate...

Another good friend of this blog is getting a little weary of the fray, as well, but Suzanne still wants to know what you're reading this summer...

No comments: