Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What I've Learned From Blogging, Part 1: The Joys of Being Linked To

Inspired by a conversation with the esteemed Dr. Rusty Shackleford, I�d like to take this opportunity to give any new bloggers (or the simply curious) an estimate of what kind of traffic levels to expect when linked to from various sources:

  • Drudgealanche � Extremely rare�a Drudgealanche (not that I�ve ever received one) occurs when Matt Drudge links to you, and results in anywhere from 40,000 � 1,000,000 + unique visitors. The pinnacle�
  • Instalanche � Highly coveted�a link from Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, is worth (from my own experience with the half-dozen or so I have received) from 500 � 9,000 unique visitors. Pretty damn good�
  • Malkinalanche � Makes your day...a link from Michelle Malkin, judging from the two I�ve received, is worth from 400 � 1,000 unique visitors. A nice surprise�
  • Decisalanche � Rarely noticed...a link from my own blog, Decision �08, results in an estimated 3 � 5 unique visitors. Valued slightly higher than a trip to the dentist or a kick in the pants...

Any questions?...

No comments: