Tuesday, May 03, 2005

No Chance of Recovery?

A brain-damaged firefighter has recovered after 10 years. Hmm...remind me again why it was so important to starve Terry Schiavo to death?

UPDATE 11:17 a.m. central: Clint, in the comments, asks if I mean to imply an equivalency between very disparate circumstances. I do not. I merely think, with the benefit of hindsight, and totally acknowledging how completely over the top the rhetoric of both sides of the Schiavo debate became, that perhaps it was a mistake to starve her to death with at least some loved ones opposed and no living will. That's all.

UPDATE 2 1:51 p.m. central: Thanks to Lorie Byrd at PoliPundit for the link; like myself, Lorie is careful not to draw an explicit parallel - it just gives one pause when you think of the certainty so many showed that she could never recover...

No comments: