Saturday, April 09, 2005

Early Morning Must-Read: The Hitch Gets Slammed

Regular readers know I love Christopher Hitchens (no, not that way....his writing, silly!). Still, no one's perfect, and Hitch has a real blind spot when it comes to religion. It's not that Hitch is an atheist that bugs me; he's just so unceasingly militant about it. I mean, he REALLY, REALLY doesn't like religion.

It stood to reason that he wasn't going to go easy on the Pope, and he hasn't. Since I'm not a big fan of kicking people in the immediate aftermath of their death, I'm throwing a spotlight on this Robert Musil piece taking the Hitch's Pope coverage to task...Hitch, you're great, but you need to chill a little on the religion thing, man...you keep obsessing about it, I might confuse you with an editorial writer for the New York Times...

Bonus points to Musil for working in a slam on Maureen Dowd, and the hat tip to the Minuteman - welcome back!...

No comments: