Saturday, June 25, 2005

Aren't They The Band That Did 'I Will Follow"?

From Viking Pundit, we learn that Bono will be on Meet the Press tomorrow. That should be quite interesting indeed. I've spoken before on my admiration for Bono's willingness to put results ahead of partisanship, but let me put on my rock and roll hat for a minute and just say there's a great moment in every U2 show where the lights go completely out, and the Edge begins the unbelievably spine-tingling intro to Where the Streets Have No Name...man, I get the chills just thinking about it. I've seen U2 live three times, and I'm gonna add my fourth in late October. Now that the Stones have completely sold out (and I love the Stones, but come on, now...at least put a decent album out!), U2 has no competition for the title of World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band.

Okay, I got that out my system...whew! It's gonna be a long wait until that Houston show...

No comments: