Tuesday, June 21, 2005

We've Got A Game Seven

I have really mixed feelings about the NBA; basketball is my sport, but the college game is so superior that I have a hard time getting excited about the pros. I wasn't always this way; back in the glory days of the 'Bad Boy' Detroit Pistons, I was a fanatic. Ironically, the Pistons are in the Finals again against the San Antonio Spurs from about an hour south of my house in Austin. The first four games were blowouts, but things started getting interesting in Game 5.

Robert Horry hit an awesome three pointer to send the fifth game into overtime, despite being skewered in this Slate article as an overrated clutch player. The Spurs went on to win that game, but came up short tonight at home in Game 6. So, on behalf of a fairweather fan who's never really gone away, a belated Go Spurs!...onward to victory in game 7...

No comments: