Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Bit of Fun...

...we've all seen these quizzes - what kind of [fill in the blank] are you? - by now, I think. I thought it might be kind of fun to try this one, which I found care of the Llama Butchers. The results surprised me, but not that much. My only quibble is this sounds kind of 'new age'-y, and anyone who knows me can tell you that I'm repulsed by anything that is even remotely in that vein - for example, you could not interest me in the slightest in chiropractors, yoga, astrology - well, you get the picture. In other words, I'm one of those people who classifies themselves as a believer in both a higher power, and in the scientific method, and I have little tolerance for quackery. Perhaps, then, it's no surprise that I scored a zero on Fundamentalist (and who's that guy in the picture, anyway?).

Enough already, here are my results (and of course, I'm well aware that this is just some quiz put together by someone, so take this with about four hundred grains of salt):

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern


79%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan


57%

Classical Liberal


50%

Modern Liberal


43%

Neo orthodox


43%

Roman Catholic


36%

Reformed Evangelical


21%

Charismatic/Pentecostal


14%

Fundamentalist


0%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: