Saturday, March 26, 2005

Miscellanea - Moving Day Edition

Two friends of this blog have recently made moves, and I've updated them on the blogroll. So, if you're looking for Carpe Bonum or Mover Mike (and shouldn't you be?), look for the updated links on the right...

You're supposed to see a little animated ballot box next to my blog name now, as part of my ongoing efforts to incorporate 'bleeding edge' technology at this blog...let me know if it ain't there...

Here's a great new site (hat tip to Vodkapundit) that is devoted to translating and posting stories about the U.S. in the foreign press...VERY interesting stuff...

I spent some time this afternoon trying to compile Iraqi casualty trends in a followup to this post, but it was unclear at times whether my source was listing the same group of casualties more than once, so instead, I refer you to this page. My conclusion: yes, it appears it's been a bad few months for Iraqi civilian casualties, and we have a lot of work to do, but I still think a couple of things would be helpful to establish the correct context: one, how many of these casualties were caused by the insurgents (it makes a difference to me), and two, how many people were being killed by the tyrant Saddam per week?...

Another bomb in Beirut injures three - the reaction from Charles at Little Green Footballs? "Probably that mainstream political party Hizballah, doing some pre-election canvasing." Ouch!...

Okay, back to basketball for me..two games, two overtimes - I love it, baby!...

No comments: