Saturday, March 26, 2005

Miscellanea: A Salute to the Physicists Edition

I've been linking lately to Lubos Motl, without even realizing who he is; oh, I knew he was an Assistant Professor at Harvard, but I didn't realize until today his great accomplishments. All I can say is: wow!...I wish I had studied more in college and spent less time at the bar, but it's spilt milk, now...

Another brilliant physicist this blog has introduced me to is Jacques Distler, a fellow Austinite and Professor of Physics at the University of Texas. Jacques has done some really interesting things with Movable Type, translations, and equations, and his web page has a remarkable remembrance of the Holocaust by his late father. Never forget...

Noam Chomsky is a very skilled practitioner of the big lie, and Daniel Drezner has caught him redhanded. I'm caught between laughter and anger...

From the Daily Kos, we learn that Howard Dean and Harry Reid are coming to get us:
The doctor from the Green Mountains of Vermont and the lawyer from the Nevada desert are forming an alliance which will bring the Democratic Party to the majority.
Oooohhh, I'm shaking....

Now, this really is scary, and that's no joke...if you've ever read 'The Hot Zone', by Richard Preston, then you know the Marburg virus is about as ugly as a disease can be...let's hope this outbreak burns out quickly and is contained...

No comments: