Saturday, May 21, 2005

I Hate To Say I Told You So...

...actually, that's a lie; no one hates to say I told you so; and anyway, it wasn't much of a stretch. On Tuesday of this week, I tried my hand at a crude parody of Frank Rich that basically predicted you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between his pre- and post-Newsweek columns. I wasn't disappointed; Rich's latest effort is the same old soft-shoe (he even mentions Jeff Gannon!), and almost a carbon copy of the same column he's been running for the better part of 2005.

When one of the nation's most prominent columnists is this stale, this predictable, so utterly deviod of imagination that a measly part-time blogger like myself can telescope his columns days in advance, then the newspaper that employs him is, to understate things considerably, not getting a good return on its money. Frank Rich has one idea - it's not a particularly good or original one, either. It is simply this: George W. Bush and his administration are fundamentally liars. That's it - everything else is window dressing. Rubbish...

No comments: