Saturday, July 02, 2005

An Anniversary I'm Glad to Have Missed

24 days ago, my one-year anniversary of quitting smoking passed by, and I didn't even notice. I smoked for 18 years, and I had about a pack and a half a day habit. According to a little piece of software I downloaded back when I quit, I've avoided nearly 12,000 cigarettes and saved almost $2,000 in the 389 days since I quit. That's not why I quit, though; I quit because I wanted to...and until you want to, you will not quit. For those of you that never smoked or have quit, good for you...those of you who still smoke, I'm not trying to rub it in, and I don't lecture smokers. You'll quit when you're good and ready...just know that you can quit, and you know something? It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be...

I'm glad I didn't notice my one-year anniversary...I think that's a good sign. If I still thought about smoking a lot, I would have surely noticed...here's hoping I miss all the other ones, too...

No comments: