Saturday, July 02, 2005

On A Musical Note...

Sadly, Luther Vandross died yesterday; Luther had a great voice. A friend of mine from my college days turned me on to his music; one of my all-time favorite video clips is of Vandross bringing down the house at the NAACP Image Awards from oh, almost twenty years ago now, with his senational rendition of "A House Is Not A Home"...Rest In Peace, big guy...

Of couse, today is Live 8 day. I've seen a lot of pooh-poohing of the concept, usually revolving around the fact that the G8 members don't give a damn what Bono, McCartney, Geldof, and company have to say. I don't think that's true; they certainly care what their constituents have to say, and millions will be watching today...I think it's an effective platform, a great idea, and sure to contain some great music, so boycott it if you wish, but as for myself, I'm planning on recording the whole thing, and enjoying some great rock 'n' roll...

No comments: